Friday, October 13, 2006

Contradictions:



I love you so, but not in love with you.
I want your friendship, love and your desire.
I would not lead you falsely or betray you.
I feel the tenderness, but scared of the fire.
I have no reason for my lack of yearning,
No explanation for what I don't feel,
No other love to whom I might be turning,
No anguish to suggest this isn't real.
Passion is a horse that knows no master,
And I cannot with fences make it stay.
It must run free towards daylight or disaster,
Awake to glory in no other way.
So I must say what you don't want to hear
Time will give and we will prosper ,
But it's a truth that both of us must bear.

3 comments:

Ghassan Karwchan said...

Is that poem yours?
I smell Jibran Khalil Jibran style

Abufares said...

Hi Soraya

Love him as much as you can,
but keep on posting.
So great to read you again:-)

Syrianita said...

well thanks ghassan but i'm way too far from Jibran.

Abu fares i'm trying my best my friend..thanks :)